Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Nails Day 1 - Green Because I Say So!

Well, I'm starting off the Advent Nails challenge on the wrong day, because green is my absolute favorite color ever, and December 1 is my birthday, so I refuse to do red!  (I'm just going to swap the green and red.)  I was going to do something elaborate, but I couldn't decide on anything that didn't seem like overkill, so I stuck with probably my favorite green polish I own, Zoya Ivanka.  A deep emerald green glass fleck polish with hints of gold, it's absolutely perfect for the holidays.  I tried a ring finger accent with Wet n Wild The Gold and the Beautiful, but I think I like it better without.

I've also done a possible dupe comparison.  Can you tell which finger it's on?



Surprise!  It's not on any of my fingers...it's on my thumb!  While I was looking for a glitter to top Ivanka with, I saw NYX Girls Emerald Forest (which, if my theory is correct, should also have a higher quality dupe in the Advanced Salon Formula line), and noticed that it was very similar.  I think it gives about the same color, but it's a microglitter rather than a glass fleck finish.  I definitely prefer Ivanka, but now that I know they look so similar, I think I might do 2 coats of Emerald Forest under one of Ivanka, to conserve it.  All my nails in the pictures have 3 coats of their respective polish (except for the ring finger, which also had the gold).



I tried to get a better picture for comparison, but it turns out I really, really need to figure out how to make the whole lightbox thing work, since these keep turning out horribly.


Also, I'd really appreciate if you checked out my blog sale of makeup, if you're interested :)


1 comment:

  1. that's a gorgeous colour!
    please check out my blog at
    http://lesimplyclassy.blogspot.com.au/
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...