Friday, November 9, 2012

Floral Print - Day 14


This was my first attempt at this style of roses, and it didn't turn out horribly, but I think it could use some work, largely because I made them a bit small and then used roughly the same pattern of 3 marks on each.  I really loved the blue flakie look matte when I was swatching the other day, and it seemed like a good background for the delicate floral print for today.

Colors Used:
Blue - Sinful Colors Cinderella
Flakies - China Glaze Lush and Luxe
Rose Base - Savvy Tea Rose
Rose Accents - Pure Ice Taupe Drawer
Topcoat - NYC Matte Me Crazy



I also made a lightbox today out of a cardboard box and tissue paper.  After some experimenting, I realized that it only works when it's dark outside, and the only light in the room is the lamp over it.  It seems to make it a lot easier to get pictures of my nails without getting a shadow in the middle of them, but I still have to test it on shimmery polishes without the matte topcoat.




(Combined because I'm cheating)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...